Tuesday 24 July 2012

A Jar of Free Chores?! | DIY

If only there was one.  Well, now there is!  For my mum...

Okay, basically, it was her birthday, and I couldn't think of anything to get her.  I'd already spent my money on holiday *guilty face*, so I need something that would save her money and wouldn't cost me a penny...
So I thought of this.  A jar of free chores.  Each chore is worth a certain amount of tokens.  Depending on what chores she wants done, the amount of pocket money I normally get for each chore will be deducted.  The more money I normally get for a chore, the more tokens it costs.

Of course, there is a limited amount of tokens mwahahaha... (in mum's case, 100).

So basically, this is a win-win; she gets free chores, it doesn't cost me a penny and it makes me more disciplined:)

You can do this yourself if you want:)  Here are the tokens and label I made for the jar:

Perhaps you would want to make your own tokens.  I would recommend square ones, as I had to cut out 100 small circles -_-

Decorate and stuff the bottom of the jar (so it looks like there's more in it), and put your tokens in!  It's bound to get you some bonus brownie points =)


4 comments:

  1. haha, thank you! although i think I gave mum too many tokens!:Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo clever! Your very creative. Btw loving your blog, new follower!

    xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you! hopefully I will have more posts like this, and thank you so much for following!:D
      <3 xox

      Delete
  3. Wow! LOVE this idea!! Its so simple but so brilliant. Defo gona make this!! :D x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment! I read all of the comments, and I try to reply as soon as possible!