Monday 24 September 2012

Back To School Series: Desk Organisation & Desk Tour!



I do apologise for not posting recently, school seems to be taking over at the moment, and I was away for a few days recently.  As for Finding Me Again Updates and Ask Nicola, there will be a double whammy the next time that they're due.  I have read all the questions and am already thinking of answers to give you!

Anyway, here is another Back To School post!  This one is on Desk Organisation.  I change my desk arrangements a lot, but I finally found one that fits perfectly!  I now have a lot more room to do schoolwork, and I find that my computer isn't taking up as much space!  I'm basically going to give you a mini tour of my desk as well as give you some tips on how to organise it.




Here is my work area.  It is right beside my window, which lets in natural light for me to work.  It's a nice size, and has enough room for all my books to lie out on my desk.  I do not like it to be cluttered, then I become less motivated to study!


This is where I keep all of my study necessities.  If you want an in-depth description check out my School Essentials post here!  I have my study holder with exercise jotters, my notes folder, notebooks, my study planner etc.  Then I have a couple of spare binders, my study box and my larger box below with old jotters in it.  Yes, the goodies on top of the study box are the prizes!;)


In this converse box I have all my wires and cables that I need.  I don't like to have them shoved away in a drawer all tangled up!  This is a great tip for keeping your desk neat and tidy.  Behind that, I have my Bamboo tablet, which is very useful for illustrating on the computer:)


I only like to have my keyboard and mouse on the pull out table, as it keeps my desk less cluttered!  I love that they are wireless, again no more tangled wires!


I don't like to have many things on my desk, so I just keep my desk lamp, my pens and pencils and my cute light up toy:)


I just keep highlighters, extra pens and pencils and coloured pens in here.  Along with a Minnie Mouse pen and drumstick pencils, of course!;)  It's good to just have the basics within reach, and its fun to have loads of different colours, too!


And last but not least, here is my corkboard/whiteboard and to do list.  Unfortunately my whiteboard pen broke, so I can't write anything on it yet!  The corkboard is great to stick reminders on, or perhaps some cards!  The congratulations card was for getting Vice Captain:)  Beside the board, I have my to do list, it's great for quickly writing down something that I need to do, and I always know that it's there.


Well, I hope that I gave you some ideas on organising your desk area, tell me what you think!

Remember to enter my giveaway!  Click here to enter:)

Nicola x

8 comments:

  1. You're very well organised! I spend aaaaaages now and then doing my desk but it only stays like that for like, a day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! i know, i'm pretty much the same, but i suppose taking pictures of it when it's clean motivates me to keep it that way:)

      Delete
  2. I am SO jealous of your mouse thingymajig! And I've just added you to my sidebar(:

    A<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I well jel of ur room!!!!!! IT'S AMAZING! It's a bit like my dream room! You don't know how lucky you are! I have to share it with my 14-year-old sister who happens to be the most untidiest person on the planet! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou! yes, i know, i'm very fortunate! aw, maybe i can post some tips on keeping a room tidy;)x

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! That'd be great <3

      Delete
  4. Wow! You really are organized. I can't help but feel jealous since i'm the exact opposite of being "organized". My things are all over the place! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment! I read all of the comments, and I try to reply as soon as possible!